Spring is coming to Edinburgh. As the bulbs push up through the well-tended earth of the botanic gardens and the city begins to shrug off its enormous coats and boots, the Gathering is entering a new phase.
Last year we identified five ‘marks’ with which we want to be known. Jesus, Prayer, Imagination, Community & Hospitality. This year we are really going to try and live those out. In order to do that, we’re subtly shaping what we’re going to do when we meet up over the next few weeks.
Firstly, we’ll be eating together as much as possible, bringing food to share and ordering in pizza!
Secondly, we’ll be exploring Edinburgh together, making space to really listen to God and to our city.
Thirdly, we’ll be doing some practical stuff – so if you’re good with a paintbrush, hammer or saw then please join us at our InGathering’s as we try to create a hospitable space in the heart of Edinburgh for creativity and life.
Here’s our schedule for Spring so that you know when you can drop in and join us.
- Wednesday February 5th InGathering Meet at the Well at 6:30pm. Shared meal. Theme: Making Space
- Wednesday February 19th OutGathering Meet at the Field of Light in St Andrew’s Square at 6:30pm. Theme: Light of the World
- Wednesday March 5th InGathering Meet at the Well at 6:30pm. Meal provided – donations to cover the cost gratefully accepted!
- Wednesday March 19th InGathering Meet at the Well at 6:30pm. Shared Meal.
- Wednesday April 2nd OutGathering Keep an eye on our blog and facebook page or contact us for info.
- Wednesday April 16th InGathering Meet at the Well at 6:30pm. Meal provided – donations to cover the cost gratefully accepted!
- Wednesday April 30th Social Keep an eye on our blog and facebook page or contact us for info.
- Wednesday May 7th InGathering Meet at the Well at 6:30pm. Shared Meal.
- Wednesday May 21st OutGathering Meet outside the Scottish Parliament at 6:30pm. Theme: Thin Places – Exploring Monasticism in Edinburgh.